Helping our clients achieve excellence in environment,
health and safety (EHS) management.
What is EHS Management?
The area of environment, health and safety (EHS), also known as HSE management is a program, used to control activities that can create risks for an organization. For many leading companies it is closely connected to the organization's governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) strategy.
From gas releases to spills, waste and any other items related to your carbon footprint and environmental sustainability.
This is anything that can affect health from exposure such as hazardous substances or diseases.
Anything to do with accidents, procedures or the workplace environment that can cause harm to your workforce.
While EHS covers a large spectrum of requirements and regulations, some organizations add a Q to the acronym to incorporate Quality. This is most widely seen in the area of manufacturing.
Connecting People & Data
Ariscu makes it easy to connect your employees, contractors and objectives to your EHS management system – no matter the size of your company. From managing yourself to managing thousands of employees and day-to-day activities, we can help you meet your EHS objectives. And being a part of ComplyWorks allows your Ariscu data to flow into your compliance management platform.
What type of solution will you need?
Operational EHS Management
Manage all your worksite specific requirements with leading GRC processes for all of your operations around the world. Legislation, policies, field audits and asset performance are all tracked and managed within our intelligent solution.
Operational EHS Management
Manage all your worksite-specific requirements with leading GRC processes for all of your operations around the world. Legislation, policies, field audits and asset performance are all tracked and managed within our intelligent solution.
See how we support your industry.
Energy GRC and EHS Management
The energy sector represents a wide array of industries from traditional coal-fired primary energy producers to newer alternative energy producers such as wind and solar. These sectors are heavily regulated and have complex life cycles that require a staged approach to managing EHS and sustainability in the different cycles of construction, operation, decommissioning and rehabilitation. The global trend to reduce carbon emissions in most industries requires organizations to understand the legal obligations imposed on them and then also manage and report on their operations.
Ariscu helps anyone who wants to implement energy management to meet their objectives with access to the information they need and easy-to-use tools to enable compliance with complex requirements.
Our clients have used Ariscu to:
- Keep an electric utility company updated with EHS legislation and audit protocols in multiple jurisdictions.
- Help track and manage data for carbon foot-printing and electricity usage reporting with one integrated platform.
- Manage the daily operational EHS activities for alternative energy projects during both the construction and operational phases.
Manufacturing GRC and EHS Management
Manufacturing organizations often operate in multiple jurisdictions and adhere to many different management standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and regional industry-specific standards such as COR in Canada. Keeping track of the multitude of requirements for each operation can be confusing and expensive.
Ariscu solves these problems with an integrated yet easy-to-use platform to manage multiple jurisdictions across many industry standards in any locations using a single login. Our manufacturing customers have been able to:
- Successfully rolled out the trifecta of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 to many locations in remote areas – with poor internet access – all due to the offline capability of the Ariscu app to perform audits and inspections.
- Collect, manage and report on all the metrics the management team required across their integrated EHS and quality management systems to correctly reflect the status in their annual reports.
- Track and report on their complex waste management system to show they were legally compliant.
Mining GRC and EHS Management
Mining is a high-risk, complex and very regulated activity, usually falling under multiple regulators. Regular compliance reporting against license conditions are often required. Also, the impact that mines have on the surrounding area often makes them the target of environmental NGO’s and class action lawsuits. Mines must be able to prove their corporate governance, due diligence and compliance, with supporting data that is accurate and always available.
Ariscu has assisted many mining organizations with improving their compliance management by providing or enabling:
- Accurate and up-to-date legal compliance audit protocols to the mine to ensure that EHS legal obligations are understood.
- Customized inspections to ensure all license conditions are correctly monitored, tracked and reported on to governmental agencies.
- Oversight to ensure that employees and contractors all comply with the required standards relating to training, competencies and fit to work medical status.
Food Safety GRC and EHS Management
Food safety is a complex area with many standards and laws apply depending on what is being produced. An example of complexity is commercial poultry farming, which is a competitive business with small margins and strict controls to ensure there are no deviations on food safety or environmental, health and safety (EHS) standards. The entire supply chain of a poultry producer must be included in the food safety management system, from managing the genetics to the hatchery, to the growing farms, to the abattoirs and processing plants. There are many moving parts and many parties involved in managing the entire process, so the management system selected must be easy-to-use and yet robust enough to cut across many verticals.
Ariscu provides the necessary scalability with the needed ease-of-use to accommodate the diverse requirements of any operation. Ariscu’s food supply clients range from poultry to baby formula, but all have seen benefits from using Ariscu. Some have been able to:
- Use Ariscu to ensure compliance with the requirements of ISO 22001 for certification purposes.
- Ensure compliance to all the policies, procedures and risk controls that are implemented.
- Use Ariscu to manage its integrated ISO 22001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certifications.
Corporate Compliance Management
Organizations in any jurisdiction face many regulatory requirements above and beyond the existing EHS management disciplines. Understanding and complying with this diverse set of requirements is often very difficult for organizations that do not have in-house corporate counsel.
Ariscu provides regional specific libraries and content to assist with corporate compliance and due diligence efforts.
Our clients have used Ariscu to:
- Stay up-to-date on the latest legal requirements while conducting a disciplinary procedure.
- Access the international legal requirements around corporate responsibility when obtaining international funding.
- Access the corporate governance standards such as King IV in South Africa to ensure board accountability is correctly expressed in director contracts of engagement.
A Legal Library in Your Pocket
Ariscu is the only EHS management solution with its own legal library. Over the years we have developed and maintained our own EHS legal registers for 18 African countries, and use best-in-class content for North America, Europe and the rest of the world. This provides our clients with simple explanations of the information they need when they need it.
Meet industry-leading standards and programs.
ISO 9001 – Quality Management
ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). In 2015 a new version of ISO 9001 was released, but companies certified under the previous standard of ISO 9001:2008 were still recognized as compliant until September 2018. Many of the ISO standard elements are performed by companies who already follow a similar approach by using the plan-do-check-act cycle, making ISO integration a straightforward next step. ISO 9001:2015 formalizes and standardizes QMS activities on an international scale for today’s multinational companies.
Ariscu can help you meet the requirements of ISO 9001.
ISO 14001 – Environmental and Sustainability Management
Consumers have become more aware of the environment and environmental impacts creating higher expectations for companies and their sustainability efforts. ISO 14001:2015 was created to respond to the latest environmental and sustainability trends and increase compatibility with other ISO management system standards (Annex SL).
Ariscu can help you meet the standards of ISO 14001.
ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001) – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Thousands of lives are lost every day due to workplace accidents or fatal diseases tied to work activities. ISO 45001 is a new international standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S). It provides a framework for managing the prevention of death, work-related injury and ill health. ISO 45001 purports to dramatically improve levels of workplace safety.
- ISO 45001, published on March 12, 2018, replaces OHSAS 18001.
- ISO 45001’s objective is to move from viewing OH&S as a silo within a company to having it perceived as a regular part of an ongoing business.
- ISO 45001 uses a simpler, yet overarching, Annex SL structure making it simpler to certify management systems, processes and technologies. It now follows the same structure as other ISO standards
Ariscu can help you meet the standards of ISO 45001.
ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management
Food production is a complex process that requires strict and consistent measures to maintain food safety. ISO 22000 sets requirements for companies to meet to maintain food safety and control hazards.
Ariscu can help you meet the standards of ISO 22000.
ISO 50001 – Energy Management System
In today's competitive business environment, any edge over the competition can make a big difference in business profitability and viability. ISO 50001 is an industry-leading standard that helps organizations save money while also helping to conserve resources and operate responsibly.
Ariscu can help you meet the standards of ISO 50001.